Basic Pistol Shooting
Course Signup : 1. Complete Application 2. Select For Your Desired Course
INSTRUCTOR LED TRAINING DATE TO BE SCHEDULED
The Basic Pistol course can be as short as eight hours. In it students will get the NRA’s The Basics of Pistol Shooting handbook and intensive lessons in safety, gun handling, the various types of pistols, the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship, various pistol firing positions, several practical exercises on the firing range, cleaning, storage, and a summary of pistol sports and activities.
- To teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude for owning and using a pistol safely.
NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Lesson Plans
- Pistol Knowledge and Safe Gun Handling
- Ammunition Knowledge and Fundamentals of Pistol Shooting
- Firing the First Shots (includes cleaning and storage)
- Two-handed and One-handed Standing Shooting Positions
- Pistol Sports and Activities
- There are no prerequisites for taking this course, and the material is accessible to appropriately supervised mature children.
- Students will receive feedback on the live-fire exercise and a course certificate upon successful completion of the lessons. Students will receive a Basic Practical rocker upon successful demonstration of firing a qualifying group. There is a short written test on the lesson material at the end of the course.
Range Equipment Needed:
- Pistol or Revolver (.32/9mm or greater)
- 2 magazines or 2 speed loaders with pouches
- 100 rounds of ammunition FMJ / Brass Casing (NO RELOADS)
- Eye and Ear protection
- Baseball style cap
- Release Form
(includes $10 S&H)APPLICATION
Visit our Facebook Page when you get a chance.
Also you may use the social media icons below to recommend us on your social media page!
©2019 MAINE CWP TRAINING™All Rights Reserved